Image Map

09 March 2011

blog full of introductions


first introduction: yes, $2 dresses are cool..but hey, i live in the Philippines and $2 is still PHP90 and that can already buy someone a meal. so i present to you my PHP10 dress. something i scoured from our local market trip months ago. it needed a bit of fixing as the neckline's threads were loose but with the help of basic sewing skills learned from years in an all-girls school, i managed to sew the neckline back. aside from the dress being multi-colored and floral, my most favorite part is that it's a tent dress and can be adjusted using the thin strings attached on it. forgiving. very forgiving -- especially for a girl who has gained so much weight from the two trips she's been on..haha!

second introduction: F-R-I-N-G-E! i need it in my life right now. every time i say that when we were shopping in Bangkok, my mom and sister would laugh and roll their eyes. oh well, i'm shallow like that. since i couldn't find a fringe bag, i settled for this awesome vest instead. oooh, i'm so excited to pair this with floral and printed sun dresses and maxi skirts and swimsuits. summer is here!

third introduction: my gecko ring. my gecko love. my sister was baffled at how i can love such weird accessories as last year, i also went ballistic over my fox ring but for me, the weirder the better. i've been finding reasons to wear this for days now and i've been finding myself just staring at it, even over a stop light as i'm driving and imagining that it's a real gecko on my finger. yes, i'm weird like that too. *smirk*

ps. i threatened to disconnect my internet connection and when i got home from the service center, my internet suddenly worked fine.tsk tsk. hope this is the fix they promised.

floral dress - thrifted
fringe vest - platinum mall, bangkok
nude suede wedge booties - gold dot
layered coin necklace - platinum mall, bangkok
layered chain necklace - carbon find
stacks of bangles - carbon finds
gecko ring | turquoise ring - platinum mall, bangkok
leopard ring - carbon find
orange howlite ring - dane's giveaway win



Follow vanilla ice cream

36 comments:

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

I always Loooooove your style. It's so boho chic. I adore it. AND UM WOAH LOOK AT THOSE RINGS CAN I HAVE ONE YESSSSSSS THANK YOU MY DEAR.


QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Lloyda said...

looooooooove!!!!!!!

Jing Ocay said...

amazing 10php dress,G!you look so blooming here.

Unknown said...

What a steal! It looks great on you! :)

WANDER SHUGAH said...

woooooow!! your fashion taste is always amusing! <3 Gorgeous dress!! and your vest is so so! --,

ching said...

gaaah i want that dress. awesome!

Anonymous said...

10 pesos?! as in TEN? masuya najud ko sa thrifting adventures nimo Gizelle!

and yes, you sure have a thing for weird but very cool accessories! NICE!


Perfumed Red Shoes

Aylin Vedad said...

As always, you look so fabulous! I love everything in you. The dress is so awesome same with the accessories.

Isabeau Jane said...

10 pesos?! youve got skillz girl! eheh

i love that fat lizard ring! weird, yes but its eccentric like that noh?

on the contrary u seem to have lost weight.. and 5 yrs younger than when you were fresh out of zombie culture ^^

Cylia said...

you've such a pretty face:) and loving your rings!

annefireflies said...

I love your rings, specially the blue one. Nice outfit :)

Anonymous said...

10PHP
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's so cute!!!! I'm in shock!!!!

Love the fringe, I got a jacket similar to that at Cocoon in Ayala last time I was there. I LOVE that store.... I think I bought almost everything they had last time I was there hahahaahaa

Mary Ann said...

the dress is Such a steal! ^^
And we're totally both into fringes right now, check out my find, ^^

Aileen Kim said...

fringe, florals, gecko...the most wonderful words in my vocabulary! Lovely finds G. Am seriously contemplating on going to BKK now because of your posts...lol!

Cherie said...

don't you just love the feeling when you find something amazing at 10 php!! that's such a cute ensemble, you look so ready for summer :)

Jen HaHA said...

Okay, so P10=~$.25? Wow! Love your rings! The gecko is awesome, and the leopard is pretty cool, too! I can't wait to take my boys to the Philippines and see their reaction to the real geckos. Please excuse my ignorance since my experience in the Philippines is only in Pampanga and Cavite. Do geckos run around on your walls in Cebu? Again, please excuse my ignorance!
Come enter my TinyGoatStudios giveaway!

Angel said...

youre the coolest! labsyah!!!! oh yeahssss i love cheap clothes :) thrifting i wish i can squeeze in with my busy working life now :( i miss going to flee marktes with thrift stalls

Sweet said...

AWW gizelle if Lexy is the queen of colors you are indeed the queen of rings...I love the gecko ring...I've been seeing them here but hahahahaha maybe I am not just so confident in wearing big and weird rings...but I will try my best all for the shop and the blog...

I still can't believe that you dress costs 10 pesos lucky you!!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

Gessyl said...

great find! :) love the fringe vest too..

Rosy said...

great outfit!so romantic and stylish!

Alex said...

That Gecko ring is amazing!!

Fashiable | Nanne said...

Great post! I love the look. And your rings are AWESOME! I wanttt

when BABI speaks said...

pretty necklace! i love it! :-)

Melai said...

gizelle! this is totally awesomeness! :)

hearts,
Melai of Style and Soul

Catalina said...

lovin your style, just started following your blog <3 keep in touch!!!

xx, catalina

catoure-catoure.blogspot.com

oomph. said...

i LOVE your rings! i'd love to wear the gecko!!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Pinch of thoughts said...

you really rock on those accessories Gizelle! i love, bonggang bongga pag ikaw may suot bakit pag ako parang wala lang hahaha..kisses!

Beverley said...

you live in the Philippines? that's so cool! i love your rings, the gecko ring is so cute!

Lisa said...

Ahh you always have the best accessories :)

A Fictional Blog

Renee said...

your jewellery... omg it's all perfect!

Unknown said...

wow that is one amazing vest! love love love youre gorgeous!

dotie said...

fringe and crochet are a total summer essential..love yours :)

eclectic du jour

The Closet Digger said...

you have too much rings... you should totally give some to me, I won't mind :)

Hazel☺ said...

what! 10 pesos dress! and a pretty dress at that! lucky find!! :D btw you got the nicest rings ever!!!

ps i changed link ;)

-hazel

00000 said...

What a steal! 10 PESOS! I love your gecko ring, Gizelle! :D

Anonymous said...

I love funky rings too but my favourite is the cougar(?) ring!

Post a Comment

thanks for dropping by!
scoops of your thoughts really make me smile...